Monday, November 26, 2012

I Would Like to Buy $3.00 Worth of God, Please (The Series)

Last week, my friend hosted a series on her blog of three posts on the following quote:

I would like to buy $3.00 worth of God, please. Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep, but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine. I don't want enough of Him to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant. I want ecstasy, not transformation; I want the warmth of the womb, not a new birth. I want a pound of the Eternal in a paper sack. I would like to buy $3.00 worth of God, please. - Tim Hansel on most Christians' priorities. 


Read unique reflections inspired by this quote and share your comments.  I'd love to read other voices speak into this.

I'd Like to Buy $3.00 Worth of God, Please, Volume One:  by Matt Tuckey

I'd Like to Buy $3.00 Worth of God, Please, Volume Two:  by Tom Kaden

I'd Like to Buy $3.00 Worth of God, Please, Volume Three:  by Kelly Chripczuk
 

No comments:

Post a Comment